“Team Red Rose” is a group of Vintage and Classic sidecar and solo motorcycle racers from Lancashire in the north of England. Each of the riders and passengers compete with British Historic Racing along with other vintage and classic clubs and their events around the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and Europe.
Due to Covid-19, 2020 has not been a good year for racing. In 2021 we will put some photo galleries, videos and reports of our antics on track on this website.
The group consist of the following people:
- Adam Pope – A previous winner of the British Historic Racing Pre ’59 sidecar championship, one of the founding team for the BEARS sidecar event within British Historic Racing, a serving member of the British Historic Racing Committee and current Eligibility Officer for British Historic Racing, for any eligibility issues, riders may contact him by sending an email to email@example.com
- John Christopher – Adam Pope’s sidecar passenger, a solo rider from time to time and a serving member of the British Historic Racing Committee
- Tony Banister – A longstanding sidecar rider who again is a previous winner of the British Historic Racing Pre ’59 sidecar championship and one of the founding team for the BEARS sidecar event within British Historic Racing
- Richard Hawksworth – Solo rider with British Historic Racing as and when work allows
- Lucien Burkhardt – An occasional novice sidecar passenger, a serving member of the British Historic Racing Committee, Chief Marshal for British Historic Racing and a licenced ACU trainee/probationary Clerk of the Course/Steward. As a result of Lucien’s involvement with British Historic Racing in an Officials capacity, he has put together an online availability form for both Marshals and Officials on this website until a more permanent solution can be found within the Club’s own website.